backporting features to D1

Aziz K. aziz.kerim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 18:13:51 PDT 2008

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:42:27 +0200, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> I recall a wise man who once said you shouldn't give much weight to
>> what people use as excuses for not using your language.  They probably
>> aren't going to use it anyway.
>
> The people using it wanted a stable version.

I got an idea, what if you backported some stuff from D2 to D1 (obviously
not the const system) and made those features only available when a switch
on the command-line was turned on, for example -v1.1? Ought to satisfy
both camps, the conservatives and the reformers. Whaddaya say?