Template instantiation syntax

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Oct 11 18:46:41 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> It's not "error-prone", it's "you're not used to it."  You very
> commonly fall into the fallacy that if you think something's
> bad/confusing/not what you're used to, then _everyone_ must think that
> way and therefore it _must_ change.  Sorry, that's not the way it
> works.  I haven't mistyped a foreach loop, ever.  Deal with it.

I remember that when I have discussed about this topic the first time another person has said of sharing this problem of mine with this syntax.

C# foreach syntax uses the "in", and Python too uses it. Both languages are quite more used than D, are modern, and they care about their usability and readability.

If I don't talk about this topic I can't know if it's a common problem, or a personal one.

So even if I am wrong (and I am wrong all the time), and the current foreach syntax of D isn't bug-prone, I think the topic deserves a little discussion, so people can show who's right.

Bye,
bearophile