backporting features to D1

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 19:49:51 PDT 2008

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Derek Parnell wrote:
> > I tried coding in D2 but a lot of that code is going to need
> > significant rework when the cabal have finalized their deliberations,
> I doubt that it would be significant. The time I've invested in
> converting D1 to D2 code has been trivial.

What, then, do you see as the reason why others have found porting D1 to D2 less
trivial?  Do you have any advice that might make it easier for others?  This is
pretty important because I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that a major
reason for the rift between D1 and D2 is Tango, or lack thereof on D2.  If
everyone found porting D1 to D2 trivial, I assume the Tango port would have been
done long ago.