backporting features to D1

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Sat Oct 11 22:05:00 PDT 2008

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:21:38 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> Derek Parnell wrote:
>> I tried coding in D2 but a lot of that code is going to need
>> significant rework when the cabal have finalized their deliberations,
>
> I doubt that it would be significant. The time I've invested in
> converting D1 to D2 code has been trivial.

Ok, that's fine but my experience differs. Converting D1 code to D2 was a
very tedious exercise. The main problem, which was to be expected really,
was that D2 specification kept changing. So now I'm waiting for a stable D2
before doing anything more.

Another problem was trying to have the same codebase support both D1 and D2
- that makes it filled with the silly string mixin workaround, which is
plain butt ugly.

version(D_Version2)
{
    mixin(