[OT] Re: Is it time for D 3.0?

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:08:21 PDT 2008

Hello Robert,

> Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>>> Wouldn't mind if those involved would make comparable amounts of
>>> money :o).
>>>
>> Perhaps D should move to the Windows release naming model then.  D
>> 2008 ;-)
>>
>> Sean
>>
> Enterprise Edition.

Windows release naming model: nowadays, isn't that like 5 different versions
for Vista?

Let's see how the new marketing plan looks:

DMD 2008 Starter Edition -- compiles the sample "hello" program out of box!
Cool!
DMD 2008 Home Basic Edition -- includes docs/manuals for those insatiable
self-taught types!
DMD 2008 Business Edition -- we're throwing in a debugger and an Eclipse
IDE with Descent plugin!
DMD 2008 Enterprise Edition -- Enhanced functionailty and concurrent compiling
feature for multi-core cpus... distributed compiling also an option! PLUS
we provide a link to the Enterprise Edition of the Tango library!

DMD 2008 Ultimate Edition -- Includes everything from other editions PLUS
the Template Guru Kit, Tom S. Graphics/GUI libs,  compile-time raytracer
demo, compile-time regex kit, free subscription to next 7 releases, FREE
newsgroup support (courtesy of expert volunteers that provide 24 hour realtime
service), free on-line dsource service and a full-featured GUI Framework
called DWT. ;-D

Okay, I must be seriously giddy. :-)

-JJR