[OT] Thanks!! Got an idea 4 "chaine of responsibility" software

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 14 09:55:30 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu schrieb:
> Suppose that a miracle happen and the decision is taken at the highest
> level to retreat all of US military presence from Iraq. That will take a
> while, but sending the orders quickly is a must.
>
> For utmost certainty, all orders are to be sent via phone and down the
> command chain, and only to direct subordinates. Each officer has a
> variable number of subordinates. Initially the president calls his
> immediate subordinates, who call their immediate subordinates, etc. Each
> call can be assumed to take the same amount of time.
>
> Devise an algorithm that ensures every foot soldier gets the news as
> quickly as possible, show it is correct, and show it is fast.
>

> Andrei

Thanks for that task! Just had an idea for a new software :)
Implementing a database driven "Chaine Of Responsibility/ CoR" software.

I think it could be designed as stand alone programm or as  ERP- CRM-
plugin. Another idea is to create a "CoR" plugin for BUG/QA tracking
Systems.

Simple prototype should be ready within 2-3 days... Well, fine tuning
(security levels f.i.) requires much more planning/time.
I'll give it a go. <enthusiastic>
Bjoern