[OT] Finding longest documents

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Oct 14 20:16:26 PDT 2008

Christopher Wright:

>Any particular reason?<

'is' is for object equivalence. But you have values there.

>And then it takes slightly more work to change it into a multiline comment.<

Right.

>I actually need this behavior.<

I'll probably add that key mapping function to your code in the following days. If you want I may show you the code later...

>The version I submitted had a virtual comparison method, so that would have been reasonably simple to implement:<

Interesting.

>I use a large monitor. Whitespace makes things more readable for me.<

I think older people tend to write more compact code, because in the past monitors were smaller (and probably because of other factors, like the amount of code you can put on the screen at once) while the new style (that can be usually seen in C# code, or like your code of the Heap) is to have very few sparse lines on the screen. I think my style is midway.

>the Tango heap will not suffice for my needs.<

Well, if you are the author you can change the situation, can't you? :-)

Bye,
bearophile