Array literals

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 16 05:03:57 PDT 2008

bearophile:
> I think this is 20-40 times more important than inventing a new syntax that replaces !()

I find it ironic that 100+ messages are exchanged on this NG about something that 98-99% of people has felt as not broken (the template instantiation syntax) while real problems that I encounter often when I program (array literals, AA literals, etc etc) seem ignored by D developers. This is the biggest difference between an open source language, and one language like D where the inevitably personal bias of 1-3 people guide most of the language design.

Bye,
bearophile