backporting features to D1

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:33:00 PDT 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:12:57 +0400, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> == Quote from Bruno Medeiros (brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail)'s article
>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

>> to be
>> uncertainty.
>> it
>> time
>> >
>> > One way or another D2 will have to be done around April, when TDPL
>> comes
>> > along.
>> >
>> > Andrei
>
> Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm really, really curious.  What the
> heck is
> TDPL and why is it relevant to D2?

*LOL* That's "The D Programming Language" book in works by Andrei
Alexandrescu (and co?).
Due to ship in April, make sure you book that one!

D2 should become stable by then.

Note to Andrei: it was previously stated on your site that TDPL ships
around October'08. Now it's better but not too much: it's Aprin'09.