backporting features to D1

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 16 13:36:07 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu:
> I find it hard to not take this as malice. It's uncalled for, really.

I know that having books on a language is a quite important mean to spread it. But the D2 language has to be finished when it's finished, and judging from the current discussions it may take one or more years. Speeding up its development process just for a book is wrong.

> I suggest people with an interest in writing to try
> their hand at writing articles on what they find noteworthy in D.

I've written probably 30+ blog articles, plus three articles, about D and related matters, and I'll keep doing it, I have introduced D to several people in my nation, including my bioinformatics laboratory, where we now use D where Python doesn't cut it.

Bye,
bearophile