Exception Hierarchy [WAS: Re: Top 5]

Sat Oct 18 10:47:20 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> Hey, those are a handy pair of functions.
>> I just implemented a backtrace handler for Tango using those.
>>
>> The source is attached.
>
> Nice work!  I think this would be a good thing to bundle with Tango and
> druntime.  I haven't looked at the source yet, but do you have any
> objection to it being distributed under the Tango or druntime licenses?

You seem to have missed this bit of my message:
 > Everyone: feel free to use this any way you want. In particular, feel
 > free to commit this to the Tango, Phobos and/or druntime repositories
:) .

So no, no problem at all. In fact, I'd be very happy if functionality
like this made it in.

If possible, I'd like my name to be kept in the file as the (original)
author though.

Please note there's a comment in the class about what you need to do to
keep the "excluding initial stackframes from this module" working if you
change the module name.
(There's a hard-coded string constant that's the first part of any
mangled name in the module, used to ignore the frames from that module)