foo!(bar) ==> foo{bar} ==> foo[bar] (just Brackets)

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 12:46:54 PDT 2008

"Bruno Medeiros" wrote
> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> So I would be forced to get an IDE to work (which I have tried several
>> now without success).
>>

> Also what IDEs did you try, and what problems exactly did you encounter?
> Did you try any of the Eclipse ones, Descent or Mmrnmhrm?

I tried Descent and Code::Blocks.

I wanted something to try and debug programs.  But I couldn't get either of
them to hook to dmd for compiling projects.  Descent actually has you
configure a compiler, and can run a compilation which does absolutely
nothing.  I found out later that it only uses the configuration from the
compiler, it doesn't actually *use* the compiler.

Code::Blocks simply didn't work.  I gave up after about 2 hours of fiddling.

-Steve