foo!(bar) ==> foo{bar} ==> foo[bar] (just Brackets)

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Oct 21 12:50:39 PDT 2008

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> "Bruno Medeiros" wrote
>> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> So I would be forced to get an IDE to work (which I have tried several
>>> now without success).
>>>
>> Also what IDEs did you try, and what problems exactly did you encounter?
>> Did you try any of the Eclipse ones, Descent or Mmrnmhrm?
>
> I tried Descent and Code::Blocks.
>
> I wanted something to try and debug programs.  But I couldn't get either of
> them to hook to dmd for compiling projects.  Descent actually has you
> configure a compiler, and can run a compilation which does absolutely
> nothing.  I found out later that it only uses the configuration from the
> compiler, it doesn't actually *use* the compiler.

Did you try this:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/CompilingPrograms

The compiler configuration will be gone soon, as it isn't used for
anything. And compiler integration, hmmm... it's taking too long, and I
guess it's because me and Robert are way too busy/lazy lately.

But if you compile programs like it is said there, the debugger
integration works quite well.