foo!(bar) ==> foo{bar} ==> foo[bar] (just Brackets)

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Wed Oct 22 07:41:05 PDT 2008

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> Steven Schveighoffer escribió:

>>> Did you try this:
>>>
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/CompilingPrograms
>>
>> Yes.  I believe I did follow those directions, but the debugger
>> automatically skipped through extern(C) functions, and since I was
>> trying to debug the runtime, it wasn't useful.
>>
>> But I don't think the files were being compiled correctly, as the
>> debugger couldn't find the source for the library code anyways.
>>
>> I'm not saying that Descent is bad, I'm just saying it's too rough at
>> the moment for someone like me who doesn't have patience with IDEs ;)
>> I'm sure you'll get the kinks worked out someday.  The auto-completion
>> is really cool, but not worth the effort for me.  Vim's working just
>> fine for me right now.
>
> And what about Mmrnmhrm?

If it's because of debugging, it won't be much of a difference since
Mmrnmhrm has no debugger itself, one should use Descent's debugger in
tandem.
Mmrnmhrm's integrated builder might help, if that was part of the
problem, but I don't see why using an Eclipse external configuration to
build the project in Descent would not work as well (even if it's more
worksome to configure and keep updated).

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate