Change the name of ArrayBoundsException in druntime

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Oct 23 12:43:30 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Really, all I was getting at is that I don't think it's a good idea for
> there to be no type distinctions at all.  The tricky thing, as you've
> clearly pointed out, is to distill those distinctions to only the
> pertinent ones rather than simply designating a new type for every error.

Well put. But I think it's way more effective to start conservatively
(with few exception types) and fan out, instead of as it is now - the
first thing to be found in each std/ file ever is emperor's hairy belly
pretending it's wearing a great cardigan.

In fact, by this I'm requesting community's permission to throw (sic!) a
large fraction of the exception classes out of Phobos.

Andrei