Fibers

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 05:47:57 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Graham St Jack
<Graham.StJack at internode.on.net> wrote:
> The last reason can be addressed with fibers, usually in conjunction with
> select, and I am finding that the resultant code complexity is a LOT
> lower because I don't have nearly as much thread-safety to worry about.
> The performance is a lot higher too because all those context switches
> have been replaced with fiber switches and select calls.

You might take a look at DReactor then
(http://dsource.org/projects/dreactor), since that's apparently what
it's built around: using fibers and select calls while making the code
_look_ like it's using blocking IO.  The result is clean-looking but
fast code.  I have no idea if it's what you're after though :)