Unicode operators

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Oct 24 06:22:06 PDT 2008

Thomas Moran wrote:
> Mathematicians have no
> qualms about using 5 different alphabets and 10 kinds of brackets to
> describe things, and there's no fundamental reason computer programs
> should be any different, except for the fact that entering the symbols
> is awkward.

Given the fact that most languages popular with mathematicians and
physicists (Fortran, Matlab, APL) are little, if not scarcely, popular
among the general software programming crowd, I would say having
mathematicians ideas be the lead for language design is a bad ideia.
Software engineering is much more than that.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate