Unicode operators

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 22:11:51 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I don't know about you, but to me 'and' and 'or' make for much more
>> readable boolean expressions than the standard mathematical symbols ^
>> and v.  Heck, && and || are more readable to me than the math symbols.
>
> Hm, in my experimental emacs shenanigans I had && displayed as a wedge
> and || displayed as a vee and heck do they look good.

I'm sure it has to do with what you're used to looking at. I forget
which one is which (heck, I was forgetting which was which even when I
was taking a logic class). However, & for "and" has a precedent in
natural language. | for "or" is a bit out there, but at least it looks
significantly different than &, which cannot be said about ^/v.