opImplicitCast/opImplicitCastFrom

Hxal Hxal at freenode.irc
Mon Oct 27 09:40:44 PDT 2008

bearophile Wrote:
> Unfortunately I think such library solution is nearly useless. Programmers are lazy, and lot of them even actively resist changes and ideas that may improve their programs.

Well then, that's their problem, isn't it? I mean, there's no point making their programs better against their will. :P

As long as range checked types were part of the standard library and there weren't dozens different
implementations from different libraries, then a people would probably use them.