D 1.x and 2.x where x != 0 - will there be such a thing?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 10:24:22 PDT 2008

It seems that there are only two versions of the D language - 1.0 and 2.0.
Versions of the compiler, OTOH, have various sequences of digits after the
'.'.

There have been many changes to the language spec over time.  Nonetheless,
UIMS, none of them incremented the version number of the language, except
for the change from having no version number (?) to 1.0 and the change from
1.0 to 2.0.

Are there going to be any other 1.x or 2.x versions of D?

If so, what level of advance in the language would be right to warrant such
a number assigned to a version of the language, as opposed to the compiler?

If not, why are the versions referred to as 1.0 and 2.0, rather than simply
1 and 2?

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies
on the 'group where everybody may benefit.