How does D improve design practices over C++?

Janderson ask at me.com
Tue Oct 28 22:53:47 PDT 2008

Hi,

I was talking with some collages at work and they asked me how D
enforces good programming practices.   For course I mentioned a couple
of the ones I knew of hand -

- Unit checking
- Design by contract
- Invariant checks
- Stronger const
- Modules
- Garbage collection
- No automatic copy constructor
- More restrictive operators
- Delegates (Specifically, encouraging there use by making them simple
to use)
- Specific constructs such as Interfaces
- More restrictive casting
- No C style Macros

I'm sure I've missed a lot in this area.  I'd like to email them a good
list of "good coding design" that D promotes through syntax.  Note: The
C++ verse D page is not what I'm looking for.  I'm more interested in
coding practices then anything else.  For instance things that you can
mess up in C++ but D won't let you.

Cheers
-Joel