D calling convention

Lionello Lunesu lionello at lunesu.remove.com
Wed Oct 29 02:53:37 PDT 2008

"Christian Kamm" <kamm-incasoftware at removethis.de> wrote in message
news:ge9044$1l0d$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Is it possible to solve this problem and also solve the problem mentioned
>> in the thread "implicitly convert function pointers to delegates"? Or are
>> these two mutually exclusive?
>
> The two things are separate. Delegates are functions that have the context
> argument bound. This is about the passing order of arguments.

But it matters how delegates pass the context pointer. In order to call
functions using a delegate, the functions should silently ignore the context
pointer. Which means they should never expect any argument to be passed in
that register, or accept an argument on the stack that can be ignore (last
one?).. I don't know the details, but I think these two issue are very
closely related.

L.