How does D improve design practices over C++?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Oct 29 14:09:15 PDT 2008

Walter Bright:
> "Safety" in programming languages does not refer to program correctness,
> but absence of bugs that could result in memory corruption. The agenda
> of SafeD is to find the subset of D that can guarantee there is no
> memory corruption.

Yes, you are right, I have mixed two different things. They are almost orthogonal.
The final purpose of a good language is to allow to write in a short enough time programs that give the correct output.
But the things I was referring to are helpers to avoid putting bugs into the code, while SafeD is a way to not have really bad memory consequences if a certain class of errors are present anyway in the code :-)

Bye,
bearophile