How does D improve design practices over C++?

Janderson ask at me.com
Wed Oct 29 19:32:10 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Janderson wrote:
>> Here's another big one:
>> - encourages less frequent use of pointers
>
> I didn't include that because many more advanced C++ programmers eschew
> pointers, and there is enough in the language to support that.

For me, having alternatives to pointers for the most common operations
prevents (or reduces) the risk of memory corruption which I think is a
good practice.  I'm not against pointers either. However I think a
modern programmer always should encapsulate there use of pointers where
they need them.

-Joel