D 1.x and 2.x where x != 0 - will there be such a thing?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 10:43:30 PDT 2008

"Anders F Björklund" <afb at algonet.se> wrote in message
news:ge9a6d$2rbn$1 at digitalmars.com...
<snip>
> Afaik, the original language release was D 1.000 anyway, and not 1.0

D didn't have a version number until it reached 1.0 in January 2007.  Only
DMD did.

D didn't have a version 1.000.  There was, however, DMD 1.00, which was the
first compiler for D 1.0.  Subsequent versions of DMD had three digits after
the '.'.

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies
on the 'group where everybody may benefit.