Some advice about druntime.

Yonggang Luo yonggangluo at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:02:03 PDT 2008

This is care about druntime.
The trunk version is 40
First, in file root/trunk/import/core/bitmanip.di,
The 8th line of this file is
"module bitmanip;" I don't know if it's must be change to module "core.bitmanip"

And I think the files
exception.d
memory.d
runtime.d
thread.d
also to be place in the floder root/trunk/import/core/ will be better. (Just a advice)

And I am curios the three files in the folder root/trunk/import/std
Is this possible to migrate these three files to folder root/trunk/import/core/ ?
It's should be more meaningful, means these three file is not a general library, It's just used by the compiler, OR
The compiler intrinsic functions, so it belong to 'core', (Just a advice, maybe it's impossible);

It's possible be a good idea is we migrate the file object.di to the folder root/trunk/import/core/
so we have the

module core.object
module core.bitmanip
module core.exception
module core.memory
module core.runtime
module core.thread

module core.intrinsic for replacement of std.intrinsic

and we have
module core.stdc.*
module core.sys.windows.*
module core.sys.linux.*
module core.sys.posix.*

and for c
we have a special module
module core.stdc.stdarg; for replacement for std.stdarg and std.c.stdarg.

And I don't know why we need two stdarg file?
one is std.stdarg, and the other one is std.c.stdarg?
It's so strange. but the content of these two file is the same.

So it's should be file is we merge these two file.