partial class

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:05:10 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:53 AM, KennyTM~ <kennytm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that C# have richer RTTI ability than D because C# is only compiled to
> a higher level byte code.

The fact that C# is compiled, on first pass, to CIL has literally
nothing to do with its reflection capabilities.  Information about
types and symbols is completely separate from code, and even a
language like D could have RTTI as expressive and flexible as C#.
Additionally, CIL is - according to its namesake, "Common Intermediate
Language" - not really meant to be executed directly, and is most of
the time just-in-time compiled to native machine code before
execution.

> (*: Only opStar (opDeref) can be overloaded for an array as far as I've
> tested.)

That seems.. odd.  Maybe it's a bug?  I wasn't aware that you should
be able to overload operators on basic types.