Array append performance 2

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Sep 1 17:34:51 PDT 2008

Benji Smith:
> Philosophically, though, isn't the whole purpose of having dynamic
> arrays in D to avoid having to create library implementations like this?

I agree, but so far I am not able to modify/improve the language. And an ArrayBuilder isn't meant to replace dynamic arrays, it's just a way to build them faster, "patching" what I perceive as one of their problems.

> I can definitely appreciate how something like this provides
> proof-of-concept for compiler & stdlib improvements,

My libs are meant to improve std libs, if/where/when the compiler can't be modified. They are un-standard but they are largish libs anyway, and I'm developing them doing my best :-)

Bye,
bearophile