D interpreter?

Brendan brenzie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:29:15 PDT 2008

It would be a great boon if there were a D interpreter where you just
write some code to try out. The most obvious advantage I see is that it
would become a lot easier to learn D, especially if it's one's first
language.

Another advantage I see is that it possibly attracts more people towards
D, which could further D's advance to become a mainstream language
(which is one of D's goals, I presume). This perhaps in turn would
provide more books written on D by people who know much about it, which
would possibly attract even MORE people to D. Well, you get the basic
point which is cause and effect.

If I had the skill, I'd start up such a project myself, but alas. So,
I'm just throwing in the suggestion (which I think was suggested at
least once before).