finalizer's not really finalizers? - causing segfaults

Alan Knowles alan at akbkhome.com
Sun Sep 7 22:00:35 PDT 2008

One of the segfaults I was getting was in
_d_finalizer() - c.destructor was pointing to an invalid address..

What I'm suspecting happens is that the compiler thinks that casting the
pointer to a (ClassInfo **) appears to be valid, but is not actually..
and then c.destructor points to an invalid address, causing a segfault.

by removing the calls in the GC to the finalizer - I think this bug gets
solved (however obviously ~this() probably doesnt work any more..)

Is this a feasible situation????

Regards
Alan