link.exe is not here

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 9 23:16:34 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Benji Smith wrote:
>> Have you ever considered using BitTorrent as an alternate distribution
>> method? Then you'd offload some of the bandwidth expense to the
>> members of the community rather than absorbing it all yourself.
>
> I have no idea how to do that.

My personal favorite.. use amazon's s3 for hosting the files.  Costs a
little, but you get effectively unlimited bandwidth and torrent is just
an added bonus that comes along for free.  It was how I mirrored the 1.0
release ages ago.  I think it cost me a whole $2.50 for several thousand
downloads.

Later,
Brad

Disclaimers: Yes, I work for Amazon.  No, I don't work on S3.  Yes, I
use S3 for my own personal hosting of some big-ish files (including all
of the d conference 2007 presentations).