D parser in tango or phobos

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Sep 10 17:17:06 PDT 2008

Benji Smith:

> I just wrote a few tests, performing identical regex operations in both
> Java and C#, to compare their running times.
> In every test, the C# regex was always between 3 and 7 times slower.

If you have a TCL interpreter close to you, I suggest you to try your benchmarks again, you will see other curious results :-) (If you don't have TCL, or you don't want to learn how to use it, you can also try Python/Perl REs, but they are sometimes less efficient than TCL ones).

> Weird. I wonder why.

I don't know. There are several ways to speed up a RE engine, so maybe Java regex is more refined.

Bye,
bearophile