UNA 1.1 Released - "Live" Syntax Checking for D

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:13:54 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Rayne <DiscipleRayne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jussi Jumppanen Wrote:
>
>> Rayne Wrote:
>>
>> > Unless your editor is the new inovation or some shit
>>
>> It costs absolutely nothing to see for your self:
>>
>>   http://www.zeusedit.com/z300/ze32v396q.zip
>>
>> Cheers Jussi
> I tried it, I don't like teasers.

I've never tried Zeus because I'm perfectly happy with Emacs.  But if
you do programming all day every day for a living, $69 for something
makes your job even slightly easier is worth it.  Especially if that
$69 buys you some influence in getting features you need implemented
or bugs fixed.
Unless you're a student.  Then I'm totally with you.  You probably
don't have $69 to burn.

There's a bug (or rather a C-specific assumption) in Emacs CC-mode
that causes trouble for indenting static if's in D.  I can't get the
fix prioritized because I'm not a customer of the person who
implemented it, I'm just another lowly free software user.  And he
doesn't care about D.   So that means I had to figure out how the guts
of CC-mode work myself, spending way more than $69 worth of my time to
try to fix it.  I have a fix now that works fine if you edit CC-mode
sources, but the maintainer said it wasn't general enough a fix so he
didn't want to use it.  That's fine, but I don't have time to figure
out the CC-mode guts well enough to turn it into a general fix.

--bb