Benchmark suite

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:32:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:25 AM, downs <default_357-line at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

>>> Yeah, getting GDC to work on x86_64 is crazy. First you have to build it,
>>> then you have to install it! And at that point, you have to run it for it to
>>> do anything, but how am I supposed to know how you run binaries?! Egad, I
>>> can't be expected to figure this completely insane system out!
>>>
>>>  - Gregor Richards
>>>

>> Snyde demeanor aside, I'm talking more complex problems, like weird
>> linking issues and binaries that crash on running for no apparent
>> reason.
>
> Works here .. are you perhaps using a certain distribution's binary versions? Those 4.2 files that are known to crash on trivial testcases?
>
> (If yes: don't do that then)

I've only tried building it once and ended up with a compiler that
built crashy EXEs, but I don't run x86-64, I was only trying to get it
working on a friend's machine.

I've just heard of a lot of people having problems with it, is all,
and am suggesting that that's a possible reason why Alioth hasn't get
added D to the new archs.