Introspection

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Tue Sep 23 15:29:21 PDT 2008

Does anyone know a way to determine the type and offset of class/struct members?
It seems we already have all the necessary pieces, but I haven't been able to get it
to work thus far.  What I'm thinking of is something like this:

    import std.stdio;

    class C
    {
        int i;
        void* p;
    }

    void main()
    {
        foreach( e; typeof(C.tupleof) )
            writefln( e.stringof, " ", e.offsetof );
    }

However, offsetof doesn't appear to work on the members of this
TypeTuple, nor on an instance tuple.  I've also tried various attempts
at printing the address or value of the instance tuple, with no success.

Sean