Pure functions in D

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:32:43 PDT 2008

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> "Yigal Chripun" wrote
>> Ary Borenszweig wrote:

>>> I find it most interesting that four versions of "you" exist in hebrew,
>>> that are all combinations of "male/female" and "singular/plural".
>> Isn't it like this in most languages?
>> at least I know that Russian has both singular and plural. actually I
>> think I read once that English had the same distinction as well but it
>> got deprecated or something.
>
> Yes, in English version 2.023, gender specific 'you' was deprecated.  If you
> wish to have a gender specific 'you', use enum:
>
> enum : you {
>   she_you,
>   he_you
> }
>
> -Steve

LOL!
that's a good one.

but seriously, here's a Wikipedia quote for what I meant:

"In standard English, you is both singular and plural; it always takes a
verb form that originally marked the word as plural, such as you are.
This was not always so. Early Modern English distinguished between the
plural you and the singular thou. This distinction was lost in modern
English due to the importation from France of a Romance linguistic
feature which is commonly called the T-V distinction."

there's also the "ye" form.