Pure functions in D

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Tue Sep 23 15:44:44 PDT 2008

Reply to Yigal,

> LOL!
> that's a good one.
> but seriously, here's a Wikipedia quote for what I meant:
>
> "In standard English, you is both singular and plural; it always takes
> a verb form that originally marked the word as plural, such as you
> are. This was not always so. Early Modern English distinguished
> between the plural you and the singular thou. This distinction was
> lost in modern English due to the importation from France of a Romance
> linguistic feature which is commonly called the T-V distinction."

IIRC that shows up in the King James bible and as foot notes in the NIV.

(please ignore an non literary/linguistic aspects of that comment, One Theological
thread a year is enough!)

> there's also the "ye" form.

There was a thread on that a while ago that brought up "ye" as a mangled
version of the via the þ char that turned into y.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_(pronoun)

:þ