Pure functions in D (OT)

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 00:53:02 PDT 2008

Christopher Wright wrote:

> And there's also case. Nominative, accusative, dative, genitive,
> allative, locative, and ablative are all I remember, but you could come
> up with a couple dozen others, I'm sure.

If you want a lot of cases, try finnish - nominative, genitive,
accusative, partitive, locative (with the subdivisions inessive, elative,
illative, adessive, ablative, allative), essive, exessive, translative,
instructive, abessive, and comitative. In addition, they have three
forms of plural.

Part of me really wants to learn a language that seems that weird. Other
parts of me say I already have enough to do, and I'll probably not have
much use for that specific language ("Go work on learning LISP instead!")

--
Simen