D vs Java as a first programming language

Tim M a at b.com
Mon Sep 29 05:57:02 PDT 2008

I like two programming languages a lot: D and Jade. I dont prefer one of
the other I think they each are very good depending on what you are trying
to do. I think D is not that easy to start with but I think java is much
worse. Have you ever tried Jade. I recently started jadeprogramming.com
back in June for people like you. It doesnt have much but it has one
tutorial vid on there at the moment. An example easy to understand jade
code:

vars
    s : String;
begin
    read s;
    write 'You entered: ' & s;
end;

PS dont confuse Jade with the Java Agent DEvelopment Framework. The jade
im talking about is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JADE_(programming_language).