Declaring Ref Variables Inside Function Calls

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:50:38 PDT 2009

Sergey Gromov, el  1 de abril a las 06:08 me escribiste:

> >> First-class values, like, native, with built-in compiler support.
> >
> > A tuple is a parameterized type, not a value. And first-class doesn't
> > mean with built-in compiler support.
>
> Probably I've mis-used the first-class thing here.

First class object, according to Wikipedia[1], means, among other things,
that is "being expressible as an anonymous literal value". Since in
D there is no way to define new literals in library code (until macros are
implemented, I hope =), the only way to add tuple literals that I know of
is adding built-in compiler support. Then assuming, as discussed in this
thread, that you'll propose tuples to have literal values in your blog
post, I don't think you mis-used the term here =)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-class_object