What Scala?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 11:58:18 PDT 2009

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > If there's one thing my
> > school experience taught me, it's that teachers are only interested in
> > focusing on the low-to-mid-range students.
> That wasn't my college experience at all (Caltech). I was a
> low-to-mid-range student there

...Which kind of proves the point that the way knowledge/learning in college is
measured is pretty flawed in that it doesn't predict who will be successful
afterword.  I just finished undergrad a couple years ago and I feel that the kinds
of multiple choice exams you get in huge lecture-based classes are good at testing
rote memorization and superficial understanding and the ability to get inside the
professor's head, where as what's important is the ability to take your knowledge
and apply it to something useful or use it to create more knowledge.