Objective-D, reflective programming, dynamic typing

eljay eljay at adobe.com
Fri Apr 3 15:09:53 PDT 2009

Hi Jarrett,

Thanks for the information (I've read quite a few responses further into this thread).

I thought I was missing something, but this appears to be an area in D that could use some improvement
(although I liked Andrei's template solution, it would not work for forwarding messages).  I did not mean to
start a flamewar.

In the mean time, I will use a Variant dictionary (Variant[string]) which holds the message being passed
around.  That will give me the ability to easily forward the message to another dispatcher.

Just a little messier to specify the parms-as-a-dictionary than using, say, Python or Lua.

Sincerely,
--Eljay