The version of dsss I use

davidl davidl at 126.com
Sun Apr 5 21:01:33 PDT 2009

在 Mon, 06 Apr 2009 10:09:05 +0800,Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> 写道:

> Hi there folks,
>
> Back when Gregor was dragging his feet getting DSSS 0.76 out the door,
> I build my own release of it because some bug in 0.75 was causing me
> troubles.
>
> As I recall, Gregor subsequently never actually release a 0.76 but
> jumped straight to 0.77.  But 0.77 has some kind of change that makes
> it run slower than molasses running down a frozen sloth's back.   So I
> never switched to that version.  For D1 at least, I still find the
> 0.76 "pre-release" version that I built to be the most usable.
>
> I only built it for Windows, but for those using Windows and having
> DSSS troubles, you might want to give this a try.
>
> The download is at
>   http://www.billbaxter.com/projects/d/dsss-0.76pre-dmd-win.zip
>
> I really hope someone emerges to take over DSSS before too long here.
> I didn't think it was going to take so long. :-(
>
> --bb

It's interesting that I did some fixes to the dsss trunk, for rebuild, I
did fixes including the nprocs for HT(hyperthreading) cpu number detection
misdetect, always one at a time regardless your configuration, not doing
pragma parsing(pragma(nolink, blah) not working). In addition, I added dmd
header generation compilation acceleration support(not fully optimal yet)
for the dsss compilation process.

I will put it somewhere later.