Thread pause and resume

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Mon Apr 6 07:19:39 PDT 2009

grauzone Wrote:

> Steve Teale wrote:
> > Earlier versions of D2.x used std.thread which had pause() and resume(). The later versions use core.thread where these appear to be missing.
> >
> > Any portable workaround suggestions?
>
> Monitors.
> They're even built-in in the language (synchronized statement)

Unfortunately, Monitors are not documented, and the documentation for classes says quite specifically that the class property __monitor should not be used in user code.

I have tried to extract an Object.Monitor interface using this property and to experiment with its lock and unlock methods, but when I try to call these methods I just get an access violation. Same if I assume what it returns is a pointer so struct Monitor, or an instance of interface object.Monitor.

How would you do it?