Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 08:46:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Christopher Wright <dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Saaa wrote:
>>
>> I always thought people who would need to reinstall their windows to keep
>> it clean were like the ones that didn't know how computers works.
>> I haven't reinstalled my windows box in like 6 years and it doesn't
>> startup any slower then before.
>> If only you keep to the simple things like: ccleaner, autoruns, program
>> control (online armor) and noscript for firefox you should be able to keep
>> it clean.
>> The only thing I can't really be sure of are rootkits and alike but
>> icesword and online scans at least give me the impression it is also ok on
>> that part.
>> btw. adware normaly doesn't really make your box start up any slower
>
> Wow, that seems like a lot of work.

It's not.  It's actually quite simple to keep a clean Windows box.
You _don't go to dangerous websites or download screensavers like the
thousands of twits who don't understand computers or malware_.  I got
my first virus in ten years of using Windows last December, and I
don't have anything but a basic virus scanner.  It got in through an
ad that took advantage of Acrobat Reader.

Before that, I was running an install of XP that hadn't been modified
for close to four years, which had run in two different computers.  My
laptop is coming up on its four year mark as well.

Surprising, no?  That when you know how to use computers, Windows
_doesn't actually suck_!