Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:15:38 PDT 2009

"Christopher Wright" <dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:grd5rq$f7g$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Saaa wrote:
>> I always thought people who would need to reinstall their windows to keep
>> it clean were like the ones that didn't know how computers works.
>> I haven't reinstalled my windows box in like 6 years and it doesn't
>> startup any slower then before.
>> If only you keep to the simple things like: ccleaner, autoruns, program
>> control (online armor) and noscript for firefox you should be able to
>> keep it clean.
>> The only thing I can't really be sure of are rootkits and alike but
>> icesword and online scans at least give me the impression it is also ok
>> on that part.
>> btw. adware normaly doesn't really make your box start up any slower
>
> Wow, that seems like a lot of work.
Compared to the ubuntu install I once had I do put a lot more work in
keeping my windows clean.
But then again I had (as a linux beginner) no control over the ubuntu box,
so its not really a fair comparison.

Autoruns after install
Ccleaner after uninstall.
And a get a lot more questions from my computer because of program control
and noscript.
Disabled as many services as possible etc.
But, I will only search for a rootkit when I think I got something strange
happening.
So especially 3 takes a bit of extra time.
btw. I want to be able to click on any link and until now this has never
been a problem.
(noScript works perfectly for tht purpose)
I will probably start using sandboxie  the moment I get paranoid about the
internets.