[OT] Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

BCS none at anon.com
Mon Apr 6 21:29:32 PDT 2009

Hello Walter,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> I have a XP install that's comeing up on 6 or 7 years old. It's just
>> now starting to have problems (of the BSOD type). That said, it
>> doesn't /have/ a net connection so...
>>
> My main XP dev machine is 7 years old now. I've reinstalled XP from
> scratch 3 times, once because I got rootkitted, once because the hard
> disk failed, and I forgot the third.

My issues started when I installed more RAM and the video drives flaked out.
Disable them and stuff works, unistall the drives so I can install the new
ones and like magic, the old one auto reinstall befor I can run the installer
(thanks Dell) I now have had "issues" with both nVidia and ATI chipsets.

On that note, I've heard good thing about Matrox for it-just-work non-gamer
performance: anyone have any experence.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/g_series/g550dualdvi/