Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Apr 7 13:58:32 PDT 2009

Don wrote:
>(My pet
> hate is the way Windows copied the 'folder' idea from the Mac as an
> analogy for a directory structure,

I agree. It is especially annoying when trying to help someone with
their Windows box, and you say "go to this directory" and they say
"what's a directory"?

I learned this lesson long ago when writing technical documentation. To
confuse people, keep changing the name of the contents of an array.
Switch randomly between "elements", "members", "items", etc. They'll
never get comfortable with it.