why Unix?

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Tue Apr 7 19:39:03 PDT 2009

Christopher Wright Wrote:

> The GUI is better than that of cmd.exe, but not anywhere near
> as good as, say, GNOME Terminal. (It's still fixed width, as
> I recall; just wider by default.)

The cmd.exe terminal window can be resized.

With the cmd.exe window visible click on the icon in the top
left corner and bring up the Properties window.

Select the Layout panel and change the terminal size to what
ever width/height combination required and save the changes
against the title of the console window.

>From then on all new console windows with that title will take
on those attributes.

On a new machine this is usually on of the first things I do,
since the default properties are pretty poor.