why Unix?

superdan super at dan.org
Wed Apr 8 11:29:52 PDT 2009

Yigal Chripun Wrote:

> I agree that a uniform and consistent API is important and I'm sure that
> MS managed to mess that up :) but that's besides the point. "Everything
> is a file" does not provide a uniform API but rather provides no API.
> Each unix tool has its own mini-syntax and its own set of command-line
> arguments and you need to learn how to use each tool separately beyond
> trivial use cases.

was almost feelin'  pity fer yer being such an idiot. but then saw this:

> At my work, we program in a *nix environment (Solaris) and I also use
> Linux extensively So I know my way on *nix systems but I simply cannot
> remember all the different argument for each util. every time I need to
> find a file I need to ask a co-worker how to use "find". So in my
> experience there's nothing simple and uniform about unix tools and I use
> those constantly at work.

give me a fuckin' break willya. how the motherfuckin' motherfuck can you say yer know yer way on unix but dunno how to use fuckin' find? in the same fuckin' sentence? know how to drive but dunno which pedal is which?

doubt u even know whothefuckami.

geez what an inbred.

> Was Colombus wrong when he said the world is round and 99.9% of people
> told him he's a fool?

no. but yer still a fool. bring grandgrandgrandmotherfuckin' columbus now.

> My opinion is that there where better OS designs in the _60s_ than what
> we use today. "everything is a file" is a complete failure.

yer opinion is worth its weight in shit. hey, pipl, mr yigal d. bagger here sez unix files n pipes are a failure. what? yeah, i heard. nobody gives a flyin' fuck.